Thursday, October 17, 2013

MEDIA REFLECTIONS: We're Half Way There


(majastevanovich.files.wordpress.com)

1. I've learned how the history of radio has converged into new media and helped shape production, news, and even the internet. I've learned that the creation of e-mail was for military use. I've learned the importance of blogging, Facebook, and Twitter for not only recreational use, but or companies and businesses to use for work.

2. I've learned how I can pull out the most important themes and facts in a chapter of a text book from the practice of reading a chapter weekly from our textbook. I've learned to sound more concise and sophisticated with my choice of words and ideas I share as a writer and blogger. As a tinker, this class has given me the opportunity to expand my interests to more media related texts.

3. If I were to take this class over again, I would become more engaged in the reading assignments, because at times I tend to slack off. The information in the text is actually extremely interesting, so if I were to have read it more in depth I would have learned a lot more.

4. If I were to take this class over again, I would like you to have more interaction with the student and media. Although we made a radio spot it would be more engaging to do another interactive exercise, rather than learning about them, it would be fun to have another hands on activity or project to work with.

5. Power tools have helped me in getting a better understanding of how new age media is evolving, and how the government and corporations are involved and more importantly how it is effecting our culture today.
Our course blog is useful to look onto while not in the classroom to refresh what we've learned about already. It's nice to have the assignment always posted. The best part about it is being able to read what other students have found in the book to get a better understanding of the important themes and concepts the reading has give to students.
The in class quizzes have helped me memorize the power tools to a high extent. The quizzes have also given me more ways to applying the power tools to events, issues, and media going on in the world today.
The films we have watched in class have given me a great understanding of how media is evolving in our culture. It has given me an understanding of the importance of the media in society, and a new outlook on what it does to effect the community, and nation as a whole.
While reading the books, I have learned about history in our country and the progress media has gone through, which I would have never learned if I did not take this class before. I've learned multiple interesting facts that I would have never read about if I didn't take this class, even facts about some of my favorite bands!

1 comment:

  1. Very useful blogging reflections, Ally!

    Thanks for being so candid here.

    More projects to come - trust me!

    Audeamus and onward,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete